Join our quest for excellence with a team of committed professionals working in a contemporary educational environment. Great schools need great teachers and education support officers with a desire to shape the lives of our future leaders.
All applicants must demonstrate positive support for our College’s Catholic ethos and have a commitment to the broader life of the College. It is compulsory for all non-teaching applicants to hold a current Working With Children Check and to consent to a National Police Record Check. All teachers must hold a VIT registration.
CBC St Kilda is an all-boys Catholic school in the Edmund Rice tradition, with an enrolment of approximately 570 students. CBC is a small school with friendly staff and students and is located close to the city and public transport. Our Main Campus is located in St Kilda East and our Year 9 Campus is located a short distance away in Balaclava.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of College Accountant.
The position is a full time ongoing role reporting to the Business Manager; where the successful candidate will be tasked with managing a range of financial responsibilities including the provision of accurate and timely financial information through sound analysis, forecasting and reporting. The College Accountant will ensure the integrity of financial information and transactions, business analysis and compliance for the College.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in a school environment (preferred)
- Experience in preparation of month-end and statutory financial statements
- Experience in completing monthly Business Activity Statements
- Experience in processing fortnightly payroll and annual PAYG summaries
- Experience in completing annual FBT return
- Experience in assisting with supervision of accounts receivable and accounts payable staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time-management skills
- CA or CPA or studying towards accreditation
- Ability to work autonomously
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other ICT applications - working knowledge of SAS 2000 desirable
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and motivate teams
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the importance of discretion and confidentiality
The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children and be able to provide care and support for students whilst supporting and respecting the Catholic ethos of the College. A current Working With Children Check and National Police Records Check will be required to be provided upon appointment of the successful candidate.
The Role Description and Application Guidelines can be accessed below.
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.